NAIROBI WALKING CITY TOUR (5 HOURS)
Nairobi Walking City Tour our guide will be at your disposal by walking you around the Central business District, using local transport (matatu) for a close touch with the locals, and for good high resolution photography.
The tour will cover Kenya National archives, The Murumbi museum, Watatu Gallery /Collectors Den, Snake Park and National Museum, Uhuru Park, Parliament building, Jomo Kenyatta Mausoleum,7th August memorial
City market you will interact with the locals as you bargain and shop for curios, crafts & beadwork, if time allows you may also visit KICC (Kenyatta International Conference Centre) Helipad for an aerial view of the city.
Stop for lunch at a restaurant for a chance to try local specialties.
Take a guided walking tour of Nairobi. Visit Uhuru Park and wander past Parliament buildings. Drop by the Jomo Kenyatta mausoleum and see the August 7th memorial park. Enjoy a typical Nairobian lunch.
Join an English speaking guide to explore Nairobi. Take a walk through Uhuru Park in the heart of the city then wander past the Parliament buildings to the mausoleum of the first president of Kenya, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta. See Kenyatta Conference Center and the August 7th memorial park which was built to commemorate the bombing of the US Embassy. There is also time to visit the Kenya National Archives and various other sites within the city center. Walking through the city streets and traveling by public transport provide plenty of opportunity to mingle with the locals as they go about their daily lives. Enjoy an opportunity to sample local cuisine with lunch at a restaurant. The adventure ends back at the hotel.
This package INCLUDES:
• Local transport
• Local lunch
The package EXCLUDES:
• Personal expenses
• Tips and gratuities
• Optional activity costs
• Transfers to and from Kivi Milimani Hotel
• Participants must be at least 12 years old.
• Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
• You are required to be at the reception area of the Kivi Milimani Hotel by 09:00 for a brief introduction meeting from your tour guide.
• Please be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this (and for your own comfort as well), we strongly recommend that you wear modest clothing. This means that you must cover your shoulders and must wear no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable. Topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
• Tour takes approximately 4 to 5 hours.
• Tour ends at the meeting point.
DATES: 1st Jan 2014 to 31st Dec 2014
TOUR PRICE: USD 70 per person