Vehicle : 1 x 5 / 7 Seater 4×4 Land Cruiser.
Starts : Kigali
Ends : Kigali
Meals : as indicated on itinerary at a glance
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Day Location Accommodation Board Activity
1 Kigali Kigali Serena/Flame Tree BB Arriv Trsf, at leisure
2 Volcanoes N. Park Sabyinyo SBL/ MGVL/Home Inn LDBB City Tour
3 Lake Kivu Lake Kivu Serena LDBB Tracking
4 Depart Trsf / Flt/ Dept.
DAY 1 – KIGALI
On arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel.
Overnight at Kigali Serena or Flame Tree BB
DAY 2 – KIGALI/VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Enjoy a City Tour of Kigali.
Rwanda as described as the land of thousand hills and Kigali as the capital city was founded in 1907 as a German settlement.
Learn about Rwanda’s history by visiting the genocide memorial, Kandt museum, see old Kigali and the craft centres.
Lunch in Kigali.(L)
Depart Kigali and drive to Ruhengeri. 2.5 hrs arriving in the early evening at the Volcanoes National Park.
Optional activities in the evening include Intore, Cultural Dancers who will spice your stay with memorable traditional dances. (at an extra cost per person) Lunch in Kigali.
Overnight at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View Lodge or Home Inn (LDBB)
DAY 3: – VOLCANOES/LAKE KIVU – GORILLA TREK
0700 hrs: After registration you will be advised on which group of gorillas to visit. On a daily basis there are 88 gorilla permits available with a maximum of 8 trekkers visiting any of the group.
Once you are grouped you will be given Lead guide who will then give you a short briefing “do’s and don’ts” during the trek. You drive up the mountain to the starting point. Trekking may take from between two to six or more hours in search of the apes. You will have stopovers for photo session along the way. After the trek transfer back to the Lodge for lunch. After lunch, depart from foothills of the volcanoes and drive to Lake Kivu Serena arriving in the evening. Afternoon at leisure to enjoy optional activities offered at an extra cost.
Overnight at Lake Kivu Serena (DBB)
DAY 4: –LAKE KIVU/ KIGALI / DEPARTURE
After breakfast early morning will be at leisure to enjoy optional activities. Later depart
Pass through coffee, tea and banana plantations on a scenic drive to Kigali. And later transfer to the airport for your departure flight. (Cost of flight not included)
—- End of Our Services —-
NET & NON COMMMISSIONABLE RATES IN ($) Usd
LUXURY- KGL SER+ Sabyinyo/Kivu Serena Mid – KGL SER + MGVL/Kiv Serena Budget- Flame Tree+ Home Inn/Kivu Serena
NO OF PAX HIGH SEASON MID SEASON GREEN SEASON
2 2,230 2,120 1,885 1,546 1,189
3 2,010 1,905 1,665 1,327 970
4 1,899 1,792 1,555 1,218 860
5 1,833 1,727 1,489 1,155 795
6 1,789 1,685 1,445 1,109 755
SRS 415 395 217 319 256
Note: Gorilla permit is NOT included in the safari cost. The permit is us$ 750 per permit.
SILVERBACK LODGE SEASON SCHEDULES
• 1st January – 31 March – Mid Season Rates apply
• 1st April to 31st May – Green Season Rates apply
• 1st June – 31 October – High Season Rates apply
• 1st November – 14th December – Mid Season Rates apply
• 15th December – 31st December – High Season Rates apply
Luxury 1: Using Kigali Serena , Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge and Lake Kivu Serena
Mid Range: – Using Kigali Serena, MGVL (Mountain Gorilla View Lodge) and Lake Kivu Serena
Budget: Using Flame Tree, Home Inn & Lake Kivu Serena
• Airport transfers and assistance
• Accommodation in Kigali on bed and breakfast
• Accommodation at Lodge /hotel on Full board
• Accommodation at Lake Kivu on half board basis
• City Tour of Kigali
• Private transport in a 4×4 Land cruiser
• Services of an English speaking driver-guide
• One gorilla permit (Cost given separate from Per person cost- Subject to change)
• Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
• All taxes on the services quoted above
• Meals and beverages, other than specified.
• International, regional and local Airfares.
• Airport taxes.
• Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas.
• Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
• Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
• Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls ETC
• Personal and baggage insurance.
• Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above.
• Insurance coverage is available for Baggage, Accident and Trip Cancellation/Interruption at special low cost group rates.
Ruhengeri is located at 2400 meters above sea level its normally chilly early morning and evening. We advise you to come with waterproof clothing including zip lock bags for cameras/films also need of boots that can cope with the mud, rains comes unexpectedly.
Permits are guaranteed once you make a deposit and the remaining balance 60 days before the trek.