Vehicle : 1 x 5 /7 Seater 4×4 Land Cruiser.
Starts : Kigali
Ends : Kigali
Meals : as indicated on itinerary at a glance
ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Day Location Accommodation Board Activity
1 Kigali Kigali Serena/Flame Tree BB Arriv Trsf, at leisure
2 Volcanoes N. Park Sabyinyo / MGVL/Home Inn LDBB City tour
3 Volcanoes N. Park Sabyinyo / MGVL/Home Inn LDBB Tracking
4 Depart -L Tracking/ Dept.
DAY 1 – KIGALI
On arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be received by our representative, and transferred to your hotel.
Accommodation at Kigali Serena or Flame Tree (BB)
DAY 2 – KIGALI/VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
Enjoy a City Tour of Kigali.
Rwanda as described as the land of thousand hills and Kigali as the capital city was founded in 1907 as a German settlement.
Learn about Rwanda’s history by visiting the genocide memorial, Kandt museum, see old Kigali and the craft centres.
Lunch in Kigali.(L)
Depart Kigali and drive to Ruhengeri. 2.5 hrs arriving in the early evening at the Volcanoes National Park.
Optional activities in the evening include Intore, Cultural Dancers who will spice your stay with memorable traditional dances. (at an extra cost per person)
Overnight at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View Lodge or Home Inn (LDB)
DAY 3 – VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
0620 hrs: Transfer to the Volcanoes National Park HQs for your first day of trekking.
0700 hrs: After briefing by your trackers you will then drive to the trail to start your amazing Gorilla Tracking.
You may need to hire porters to carry your backpackers and gear.
The cost is USD 10 per person/per day. We advise that you utilize this service.
Your trek starts at the foothills of the Virunga’s as you enter the National park, the rainforest is alive with colourful bird calls, buffalo, elephant and chattering golden monkeys as you are about to encounter on of the gorilla families.
You will have a magical hour by coming close ‘face to face with the e primates as you watch them go about their daily life, feeding, playing, raising their young ones, resting; After the trek, rejoin your driver Guide for a transfer to your lodge/hotel for lunch. Afternoon will be at leisure to enjoy the hotel facility or other optional activities like a visit to Ibyi’wacu village (at an extra cost per person).Dinner and overnight.
Overnight at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge or Mountain Gorilla View Lodge Or Home Inn (LDB)
DAY 4: – VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK /KIGALI / DEPARTURE
0700 hrs: After registration you will be advised on which group of gorillas to visit. On a daily basis there are 88 gorilla permits available with a maximum of 8 trekkers visiting any of the group..
Once you are grouped you will be given Lead guide who will then give you a short briefing “do’s and don’ts” during the trek. You drive up the mountain to the starting point. Trekking may take from between two to six or more hours in search of the apes. You will have stopovers for photo session along the way. After the trek transfer back to the Lodge for lunch. After lunch drive south past coffee, tea and banana plantations to Kigali this beautiful green and clean city hanging on the hills. (Approximately 2.5hrs). Later in the evening transfer to the airport to catch your outbound flight.
–End of Our Services–
LUXURY- KGL SER+ Sabyinyo Mid – KGL SER + MGVL Budget- Flame Tree+ Home Inn
NO OF PAX HIGH SEASON MID SEASON GREEN SEASON
2 2,885 2,670 2,195 1,455 1,145
3 2,665 2,455 1,980 1,235 925
4 2,555 2,345 1,870 1,125 815
5 2,490 2,280 1,805 1060 750
6 2,445 2,235 1,760 1015 705
SRS 560 520 170 380 280
Note: Gorilla permit is NOT included in the safari cost. The permit is us$ 750 per permit. 2 gorilla permits Usd 1500 per person per trek.
SILVERBACK LODGE SEASON SCHEDULES
• 1st January – 31 March – Mid Season Rates apply
• 1st April to 31st May – Green Season Rates apply
• 1st June – 31 October – High Season Rates apply
• 1st November – 14th December – Mid Season Rates apply
• 15th December – 31st December – High Season Rates apply
Luxury: Use Kigali Serena & Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Mid Range: – Kigali Serena &MGVL (Mountain Gorilla View Lodge)
Budget: Flame Tree & Home Inn
• Airport transfers and assistance
• Accommodations in Kigali on bed and breakfast basis
• Accommodation at Lodge /hotel on Full board
• City Tour of Kigali
• Private transport in a 4×4 Land cruiser
• Services of an English speaking driver-guide
• Two gorilla permit (Cost given separate from Per person cost)
• Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
• All taxes on the services quoted above
• Meals and beverages, other than specified.
• International, regional and local Airfares.
• Airport taxes.
• Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas.
• Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
• Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
• Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls ETC
• Personal and baggage insurance.
• Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above.
• Insurance coverage is available for Baggage, Accident and Trip Cancellation/Interruption at special low cost group rates.
Ruhengeri is located at 2400 meters above sea level its normally chilly early morning and evening. We advise you to come with waterproof clothing including zip lock bags for cameras/films also need of boots that can cope with the mud, rains comes unexpectedly.
Permits are guaranteed once you make a deposit and the remaining balance 60 days before the trek.
. (Non refundable).